Location Rockford, MI
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a family environment, away from the corporate grind? Do you enjoy a flexible atmosphere, with changing projects and assignments? Do you have a passion for construction safety and challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy engaging with people and utilizing technology to learn, promote, teach, and track safe work practices? This full time position will cover field safety throughout Michigan and Indiana.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Complete objective audits of field crew activities and ensure federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed
- Prioritize work and travel schedule as appropriate
- Investigate workplace accidents and injuries to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Promote proactive and preventative safety practices by observing, analyzing, and encouraging safe work behaviors
- Report, review and track findings from audits, accident investigations, operator qualifications, property damage and improvement opportunities.
- Analyze and recommend improvements for safe work practices, policies and training programs.
- Provide effective and meaningful training to company employees.
- Believe and participate in Continuous Improvement and Leadership programs.
- Listen for the question behind the question from supervision, labor, vendors, and customers.
- Assist Supervision on pre-job and ongoing project safety planning activities.
- Lead formal safety meetings and promote them as meaningful learning opportunities.
- Understand that communication is key, and personal selling applies to everyone.
- Provide superior service to company and customer employees.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- The candidate shall have successfully completed one of the following:
- A professional safety certification from an industry recognized safety organization; or
- A college degree in a safety related field; or
- At least 5 years demonstrable safety management related experience.
- OSHA 10/30/500/501 certifications preferred.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of 29 CFR OSHA 1926 Construction Industry Regulations.
- Understanding of all aspects of construction and safe work practices.
- Ability to organize safety and occupational health material into lesson plans and present the material to line managers effectively.
- Training experience including but not limited to; First Aid/CPR/AED, OSHA 10-hr, OSHA Focus Four, Excavation/Trenching, Fall Protection, HAZPOWER 8 hour Refresher Training, etc. preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to deeply engage people in meaningful discussion, and persuade them when necessary to see things from a different perspective.
- An innate belief in doing things the right way.
- A winning attitude, supportive personality traits, and objective mindset.
- Education and/or experience in a related field to the responsibilities of the position.
- Technical related experience in MS Office software, EHS systems, and mobile devices.