RAM Construction Services – Livonia, MI
RAM Construction Services is one of the leading companies in the construction industry for the Midwest area. We have existed in our industry for over 100 years. We are hiring an experienced and talented Safety Manager professional to join our team. If you’re excited to be part of a winning team, RAM Construction Services is the place to grow your career.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures
- Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines for all job sites
- Provide project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct accident prevention training & investigations as well as health and safety training
- Train, manage and guide your staff
- Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions
- Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find the cause and take preventive measures for further incidents
- Handle worker’s compensation claims in the event of a workplace accident
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Complete safety job start-up paperwork
- Suggest solutions, improvements and prevention steps for safety issues
- Conduct safety meetings with employees
- Assist with organizing and updating safety programs
- Participating in safety committee meetings
- Assist the Safety Manager & Safety Director with miscellaneous task
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Certified in risk management and health/safety management
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety laws and guidelines
- Extensive attention to details and distinguish safety hazards
- Ability to provide detailed reports and develop safety procedures
- Good understanding of data analysis and risk management
- Good organizational leadership and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize when safety conditions need improvement
- Ability to prioritize tasks especially when handling an accident or incident
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or a related field. IH certified preferred.
- Professional certifications (preferred) – CSP, ASP, CHST, GST
- 3+ years in Construction (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentation
- Understanding of federal, state and city safety requirements, including OSHA
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at the same time while meeting deadlines
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate a team and provide feedback
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of computers, including e-mail and word processing abilities, Excel, Microsoft Office & Outlook
Travel to and from job sites throughout the state of Michigan. Occasional travel out of state may be required.
The setting for this position is an office/ field hybrid.