Location Michigan Center, Michigan
Our client is a global manufacturer that is based in the U.S. They are a private company who has experienced substantial growth through acquisitions and profitability through their best-in-class products.
Summary: Their Jackson, Michigan area plant is a well-established site with 300 employees, producing chemical-based products for the commercial, industrial, and residential construction industry. The EHS Manager role offers an opportunity to lead the compliance performance and culture to best in class as well. This role is strongly supported by the site leadership and corporate EHS resources.
Experience and Education that will set you up for success in this role, includes:
- BS/MS in EHS or related EHS discipline.
- 10 years of EHS/Safety experience in a manufacturing plant, preferably a PSM regulated plant.
- Expertise in engaging and influencing on the plant floor, building rapport, and advancing the safety culture.
- Expertise in developing, implementing, and training on life critical programs such as lockout/tag out, fall protection, confined space entry, etc.
- Proven success in developing, implementing, and training on full-scope EHS programs.
- Demonstrated abilities to lead and mentor.
- Expert knowledge of Occupational Safety with additional experience in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, DOT and Security.
- Competency in EHS Auditing and Risk Management.