Advance your career with Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company
We are searching for a Risk Control Consultant/Auditor to join our UPS Dedicated Team. The position may be located in a city with a major hub airport, such as Chicago, Atlanta, or Dallas. This is a unique position that involves safety auditing of UPS operations facilities nationwide. In this role you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with UPS Risk Management and Health & Safety teams to identify, quantify, and reduce/eliminate risk. The right candidate for this role will bring strong relationship-building skills, service management skills, acute customer focus, and a passion for quality execution as well as the requisite technical skills and experience. This role does require travel, up to 75%, and working different work shifts in order to impact all customer operations.
Please Note: This position is eligible to be hired at different levels depending on experience.
- Account Service: Work with UPS Health & Safety, and Engineering, to complete comprehensive safety audits and provide detailed action plans designed to reduce identified risk.
- Leadership: Have the ability to collaborate, innovate, influence and inspire those around you to meet a common goal. This includes mentoring and coaching, owning personal and career growth aspirations, and becoming a leader in your field.
- Continuous Improvement: Have a growth mindset that allows for continuous improvement of work product and service delivery in a collaborative way that provides consistent innovation.
- Relationship Building: Ability to form and sustain relationships at all levels of customer organization and become a trusted influencer in order to impact business objectives.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics
- Inquisitive thinking and problem-solving skills. Can leverage these skills to influence change.
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal energy, stamina and discretionary effort.
- Works with a sense of urgency and handles setbacks/feedback with a growth mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Capacity to become trusted advisor and partner with the customer.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with Health & Safety experience preferred.
- Required: Minimum of 3 years of directly related consulting experience.
- Required: Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation and analysis functions.
- Required: Proven ability to consult with, form relationships and influence all levels of an organization.
- Required: Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts. The ability to influence change within all levels of an organization, especially business executives. A strong team orientation and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Required: Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Preferred: A strong understanding of safety resources (OSHA General Industry, NFPA Life Safety Code, etc.)
- Preferred: Master’s degree, designation(s) or certification(s): CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, CPE, CIH, PE.